Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The English American by Allison who?

Cute cover right? Yeah, prime example of why not to judge a book by its cover. In my defense, this was my first 'pick' way back in December of '08.


Here's the short of it....Pippa was adopted as an infant by a British family. At age 28 she learns her biological parents are Americans from the South. Although, this explains lifelong questions she has had about herself, her parents aren't at all what she had imagined....
There are the occasional moments in this book that may get a chuckle out of you but I wouldn't go as far to say that Pippa is plunged into hilarious, heart-wrenching chaos.
There are 2 things I would like to share with you that I personally enjoyed from this book. 1. Sporran is defined as a large pouch for men, commonly of fur, and hangs on the belt of a kilt. 2. This quote: "My days are now accompanied by a growing pain in my chest that will not shift. It feels like a kind of sorrow and it weighs me down. I know it's illogical and I feel guilty for feeling it, so I carry it inside of me hidden from the world." - Pippa
Yes, this review is short but it's all the book merits...

No comments:

Post a Comment