Tuesday, February 1, 2011

English American Evening

I chose the go-to tea and scones for an English theme. I'm not much of a tea drinker, didn't even own a tea set, so I scoured all the thrift stores in Longview. I liked the idea of a unique mismatched set. Each cup with its matching saucer was different from the next. For a memento everyone took home a pouch of a couple different flavored teas from The Republic of Tea. Although it had turned out fine, looking back I wish I had chosen a route less predictable. The Book Babes were probably expecting tea and I should have served up something Southern. Maybe fried chicken and Mississippi mud pie playing off of Pippa's roots.
Try this tip: To make your book event more interesting go in a direction your fellow book junkies won't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment