Thursday, February 17, 2011

Casting Call

Dianna Agron
We have all probably seen the trailers for I am Number Four by now (if not, please proceed to our right sidebar STAT!) and are more or less accustomed to the casting choices made by the movie maker powers that be.  The question is…are you happy with their picks?  When really getting into a book, it’s so easy to have a definite picture in your head about who IS the character.  Sometimes these relate to actors we’ve seen, or if not, we can approximate them by an actor out there.  Then, if the book is made into a movie, our hopes and dreams are either realized or crushed.  Case in point, I am Number Four.  Who can deny that Dianna Agron is the perfect Sara?  Score one for the casting director. 
Nicholas D'Agosto

Alex Pettyfer
Alex Pettyfer as John Smith?  Um, not so much. 
While my pick doesn’t make sense to anyone but me, my John Smith looked exactly like Nicholas D’Agosto who played Jan’s assistant, Hunter, on The Office and also one of the dynamic duo leading the no star cast of Fired Up.  Who did you picture as John?
Timothy Olyphant
Also, I love Timothy Olyphant as Henri.  Coincidentally enough, he also had a small role on The Office as Danny Cordray, the smooth super salesman who was described by Dwight as “smoldering like a tire fire”.  Well said, Dwight. 

Joe Manganiello
Mark was the only other character I had a strong mental picture of and in my head, he looked like Joe Manganiello, who played Flash, the school bully in the Tobey Maguire version of Spiderman.  Yes, I realize he is ancient now at like 34 (where is that sarcasm font when I need it?), but my head picked him and I’m sticking with it.  Share your casting vision or just vent about why my picks were ridiculous.  I will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment