Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Puttin' it to Music

Almost everyone’s first response to Sara’s book pick was, “Is it like the movie (of the same name)?” Then before anyone can answer you’re humming Blackbird and daydreaming about Jim Sturgess. Or maybe that was just me. 


                                    




Anyway, because the book kicked off with my mind on the movie and then the author opened the book with a quote from the Lennon/McCartney “Across the Universe”, I couldn’t help but think of music the entire reading. So here’s a little playlist I came up with:

1. Across The Universe - I went with the version by Jim Sturgess from the Across the Universe Soundtrack
2. Spaceship - Benny Benassi
3. Rocketeer - Far East Movement
4. Help I'm Alive - Metric 
5. Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long Long Time) - Elton John
6. Starlight - Muse
7. Spaceboy - Smashing Pumpkins
8. Forgiven - Deb Talan
9. Waiting for the End - Linkin Park 


If you read the book, my picks hopefully make sense. Anything I missed that would be a perfect fit? 



Andrea


1 comment:

  1. Great Playlist Andrea!! Every song Sara and I were like, "Yeah. Perfect!"

    ReplyDelete