Friday, August 26, 2011

One Last Summer Fling


Can there really only be a week of Summer left? And yes I realize that officially the season stretches into September, but I always felt like summer ended with school, regardless of whether I was going or sending kids. When they start throwing out school supplies in July I want to start throwing pencils, why hasten the end of such a glorious season? Anyway, if you have one last weekend getaway or trip to the beach and you are looking for the perfect book to toss in your bag, Kate Morton's "Forgotten Garden" is a remarkable choice. I brought it along on our annual Chelan camping trip and it was the perfect side dish to my favorite week of the year. Three generations entwined in a way that never feels overwhelming and a catalogue of characters that will stick with you long after you've finished. While an easy to read and get hooked on story, it isn't the kind of book you'll feel embarrassed to have visible in your bag. 

One half of the book club on the lawn at Lake Chelan State Park

Go buy this book for one last summer fling!!!

Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment